intensive outpatient program
Our six-week intensive outpatient program
is offered only for clients with no recent substance use.
The program runs from 9 am to 5:30 pm, Monday through Friday.
PROGRAM AT A GLANCE:
- more than 8 hours per day; 5 days per week
- comprehensive addiction assessment
- urine screening for toxicology analysis
- psychiatric evaluation and monitoring
- integrated care for co-occurring psychiatric disorders
- cognitive evaluations as needed
- > than 40 hours of individual & group psychotherapy per week
- individual therapy based on motivational enhancement therapy (MET); and cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT) techniques
- group therapy based on structured relapse prevention techniques (SRP); mentalization-based therapy; and dialectical behaviour therapy (DBT)
- mindfulness meditation
- mindfulness-based stress reduction (MBSR)
- relationship / marital / sex counseling
- family liaison and support
- nutritional / fitness counseling
- massage therapy
- yoga, stretching and aerobic activities
- nutritious lunch and snacks
Each day of the intensive outpatient program begins with clients and team members coming together as a group for a community meeting, followed by a mindfulness exercise to help ground them for the work that lies ahead.
The therapeutic programming features group sessions based on the principles of mentalization-based therapy, and dialectic behavioral therapy. The DBT sessions focus on different key skills – distress tolerance, interpersonal effectiveness, anger management, problem solving, and stress management.
Many clients with addictions use alcohol or drugs as their primary means of regulating their emotions and improving their mood states.
Once the client gives up their substance use, they may be left without many useful ways to manage their emotions. DBT assists clients in acquiring healthy and effective skills for emotion regulation.
There are also psycho-educational group sessions to help empower our clients with knowledge about addictions; structured relapse prevention group sessions to help provide clients with the skills necessary to transition back to their respective home communities; and individual therapy sessions. Each client has a designated individual therapist with whom they work with for the duration of their stay. Much of the individual work stems from principles based on motivational enhancement therapy, and/or cognitive behavioural therapy.
We do not share (give, sell or rent) your personal information to anyone without your express consent or as directed by applicable law.
comprehensive care for addictions